Long & Foster Commercial Properties
Want top returns on your commercial transaction? Visit
and put our powerful combination of experience, contacts, and
resources to work. Our goal is to help you build wealth.
The metro D.C. area is one of the hottest, most competitive commercial markets nationwide,
and Long & Foster’s top-notch Commercial division can help you get the best
deal on your next land, industrial property, retail space, or office property transaction.
We provide the potent combination of commercial real estate and real world business
experience you will not find with ordinary commercial agents. Our team has more
than a century of combined experience in commercial real estate and includes:
- Over 30 diligent sales associates and experienced associate brokers with backgrounds
in areas including development, economics, education, international business, and
- More than a dozen Certified Commercial Investment Members (CCIM). Plus, many more
of our brokers are working toward this top designation in commercial real estate.
Having a CCIM at hand is a big advantage at settlement.
- A dedicated attorney with 20+ years of experience in corporate and entrepreneurial
real estate, a big asset for complex commercial transactions.
This group of professionals will work as one high-powered team on your next commercial
purchase or sale. From a multi-million dollar building complex to a $500,000 commercial
property, our experience, contacts and resources will get you the best price on
Also, our Commercial Property team is backed by the full financial strength and
reputation of Long & Foster, the top-selling real estate firm in the metro D.C.
Our Commercial division agents offer expertise in the following types of properties:
- Retail Shopping Centers
- Office Buildings
- Flex Space
- Investment Properties
- Multi-family buildings
- Development of land and condominium conversions for residential, office, and retail
Buyers have the option of full agent representation to help navigate the complexities
of the commercial market. Our agents provide expertise with the following services:
- Finding the right loan and lender.
- Pre-qualifying to ensure the right price range for the buyer.
- Finding the most suitable property.
- Negotiating the best possible terms.
- Preparing a market analysis before making an offer.
- Verifying zoning issues.
- Arranging inspections with the right professionals.
- Finding the proper settlement company.
- Following up with the processing for a smooth closing.
Investors are drawn to commercial real estate for the excellent returns. Our agents
have sold properties to investors with annual returns from 6 to 50%. Some examples
of our investor opportunities are as follows:
- Single-tenant long term lease properties with credit tenants. The internal rates
of return are typically from 8 to 22%.
- Limited partner investments in condo conversions and new construction projects with
returns from 20% to as high as 49%.
- Multi-tenant office buildings with typical internal rates of returns ranging from
8 to 12%.
- Shopping centers with returns typically ranging from 6 to 10%.
- Multi-family buildings with internal rates of returns typically ranging from 5 to
Looking for a Commercial
Property to Purchase?
Put the powerful combination of Long & Foster's experience,
resources to work
View our listings
Work with Long & Foster
Interested in buying or selling a Commercial Property?
Want top returns on your commercial transaction? Put the powerful Long & Foster
combination of experience,
contacts, and resources to
work. Our goal is to help you build wealth.
Want to Lease a
Looking for retail space? Our commercial division can help you get the best deal
on your transaction.